I would like to introduce Heather Anderson who I interviewed as part of the “Women of Style” series. Heather has been a personal stylist for several years and started her blog over six years ago. She is creative, professional, and has a genuine interest in helping women look and feel their best! She also has a very pleasant disposition which, no doubt, led to her successful collaborations. For more information. check out the in depth interview below and then visit Heather’s blog and YouTube channel.
1. Hi Heather! Please describe your blog and what your motivations were for starting such an awesome endeavor.
I started my blog over six years ago for the same reason I recently started my YouTube channel which is to help women of all ages look and feel amazing on the inside and on the out because I believe if you look and feel good you will exude confidence and confidence will get you anywhere you want to go! You can also reach me on Instagram as well.
2. What type of person is your blog geared to reach? Who is your ideal audience? Who would you like to help with your articles and advice?
My blog is geared to reach women from about ages 30-60 who love fashion and who love to look and feel beautiful!
3. Who/What other bloggers/blogs inspire you?
These two women are not only influential bloggers, but they are 2 of my very dear friends!
4. How do you balance life and your blog?
I set boundaries and give myself certain time allotments every day to tackle certain tasks and I make myself my stop working at the end of every day so I can enjoy my family!
5. What are some of your favorite articles that you have written and videos that you have filmed?
I love to help women so all of my favorite articles are about topics that do just that. I also write a gratitude list of things I’m grateful for on every birthday I have.
- I’M 5’4 AND THESE 5 WARDROBE BASICS MAKE ME LOOK SO MUCH TALLER
- 5 WAYS TO LOOK SLIMMER IN YOUR CLOTHES
- 9 BEAUTY TIPS TO HELP YOU LOOK YOUNGER
- 5 INVESTMENT PIECES EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN
10 STYLE TIPS TO HELP YOU LOOK SLIMMER
BEACH WAVES HAIR TUTORIAL
6. What are your goals/dreams/ambitions for your blog and yourself?
I hope to grow my YouTube channel to 1 million subscribers! I know that certainly won’t happen overnight but with a ton of hard work and discipline I do know it’s possible. As long as I keep my main goal in mind which is helping women look and feel confident than I have no doubt I will get there!
I would also like to design my own line of denim one day and maybe even have my own style show on TV.
7. Who is your favorite style icon?
Without a doubt it would have to be Kate Moss! She’s so effortlessly cool and gorgeous and I love her edgy vibe!
8. What is the best piece of advice that you have even been given?
Never give up. You may fall down seven times, but as long as you stand up eight, you’ll succeed!
9. How would you best describe your style?
Effortless and chic, with a bit of an edge.
10. What inspires you to write articles for your blog?
I love getting comments and questions from my readers, as I said before, I’m here to help to them so they motivate me to keep going!
11. What is your background?
I’m a business graduate from the University of North Texas. I worked in corporate sales for several years and then started my own personal styling business about 8 years ago which led to my blog. I’m a proud Mom and wife and love spending time with my family!
12. Since starting your blog, what have been some of your greatest achievements?
I have collaborated with some of the biggest names in the fashion industry. They include Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Rachel Zoe, and Shopbop. Also, I have over 150,000 followers on all of my social media channels combined. Therefore, I am able to help thousands of women every single day!
13. What are your future plans for your blog?
I plan to take my blog to the next level through my YouTube channel. I hope to attract many more amazing women to my blog and my channel in order to help them look and feel confident no matter what their age!
14. What advice would you give up-and-coming fashion bloggers who are just starting out?
Be consistent and work hard!
15. What advice would you give women who seek to become more fashionable or stylish?