Due to recent events, kindness is more powerful than ever. And with a little extra time on your hands, there’s always a reason to show random acts of kindness to someone who may need it. For the perfect stay-at-home activity, why not encourage your little ones to choose a craft that’s geared at making others happy. And with summer right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to teach kids life lessons outside of the classroom like the importance of kindness.
We’re talking about a summer kindness bucket list! Bucket lists normally focus on personal goals, but the idea here is to make other people smile. From starting a little free library in your neighborhood to growing out your hair and donating it, we have great ideas for everyone to enjoy. Read below for some of our favorites!
- Give an in-person positive review to the owner of your favorite restaurant.
- Ask a stranger how they’re doing and listen to what they have to say.
- Leave an unexpected tip for someone.
- Put together a care package for someone you haven’t seen in a long time.
- Leave handwritten notes in your neighbors’ mailboxes.
- Host a virtual bake sale with all of the proceeds given to a charity.
- Devote a couple of weekends to working in a community garden.
To give you a little more inspiration, the folks at WikiBuy have rounded up over 100 simple bucket list ideas to show some kindness this summer! Explore their Make Others Happy Bucket List below as well as their printable to check off and celebrate your progress in style!
Click on this link to download the bucket list: My Make Others Happy Bucket List