Cosmopolitan yet intimate, contemporary yet timeless, The Little Nell invites guests to experience Aspen’s only Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond, ski-in/ski-out hotel – a Relais & Châteaux resort
Located at the base of Aspen Mountain, The Little Nell has astonishing mountainous views surrounding the resort and the charming mining town of Aspen at its front door. The Little Nell is the only ski-in/ski-out, Five-Star, Five-Diamond hotel in Aspen and is conveniently located near the museum, boutiques, restaurants, parks, music venues and all that this international epicenter has to offer.
The Little Nell comprises 92 rooms – 52 guest rooms, 26 premium guest rooms, and eight junior suites renovated by Champalimaud Design of New York in the spring of 2017. There are also six specialty suites, which were fashioned by renowned residential designer Holly Hunt of Chicago in 2014. Contemporary works of art offset the interiors’ plush, textured fabrics and palettes of white, blue and gray.
Each of the guest rooms has its own gas log fireplace, down-filled sofas or lounge chairs, a fully-stocked mini bar, two-line phones, high-speed Internet access, LCD HD TVs and an in-room Video on Demand system. Bathrooms are spacious, with separate tub and shower, two individual vanity areas and heated marble floors. All feature a unique floor plan and the majority of the rooms offer balconies to better enjoy the views.
The Newly Renovated Lobby + Living Room
Symmetry, light and harmonic proportions all play a part in The Little Nell’s new lobby and living room, renovated by the acclaimed firm, Luis Bustamante Interior Design of Spain. Completed in time for the 2020/2021 Ski Season at Aspen Snowmass, the central gathering space of the hotel was designed in an artful manner by Señor Bustamante who was a professional sculptor and painter prior to embarking on a career in interior design.
“When I first met Luis Bustamante and saw his work, I knew he was the right interior designer for Aspen,” said Paula Crown, of the Crown family who owns Aspen Skiing Company and The Little Nell and whose artwork graces its walls. “Luis brings his formidable talents as an artist in understanding nuances of scale and flow.
Introducing The Wine Bar + The Krug Lounge
The Wine Bar at The Little Nell opened for ski season 2020-2021, operating daily from 3 – 9:30 p.m. Set in the heart of the hotel, The Wine Bar is a completely refashioned space from its former outlet, Chair 9 après-ski bar, with an inviting, candlelit ambiance and cozy, socially distanced seating areas for parties of up to eight. It was inspired by Willi’s Wine Bar in Paris, Corkbuzz in New York City and Wally’s in Beverly Hills, establishing its own style and taste based on The Little Nell’s legacy wine program.
With an art deco design, a DJ booth where only vinyl records are on rotation, an extensive wine list and an innovative bar menu, The Wine Bar at The Little Nell has been met with rave reviews since it mid-December 2020 debut.
Reservations for The Wine Bar are made in two-hour time slots at 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Minimum spends are required and are subject to change throughout the season.
New this winter, as an extension of The Wine Bar, The Krug Lounge is designed for private group experiences. Accessed through Element 47, the sumptuous tent features a lounge seating area on one end for a champagne and small plates reception, as well as an elegant, linen-clad, high-top table across the tent for a delectable five-course meal with wines paired by your personal sommelier. There is an option to book for a reception only or both experiences combine.
Amenities & Services
▪ The Little Nell is a member of Relais & Châteaux, an association of the world’s finest hoteliers, chefs and restaurateurs that has set the standard for excellence in hospitality since 1954
▪ With a year-round concierge staff of six and an additional 400 employees in the winter, guests’ needs are attended to at every turn.
▪ In the winter season, a ski concierge team tunes equipment, warms your boots, stores equipment overnight and can also arrange for rentals and instruction.
▪ In the summer, an adventure concierge team arranges off-road outings by Jeep and Stargazing tours by Audi, high country fly-fishing ventures, hikes, cycling trips, climbing excursions and more.
▪ Advance Itinerary Planning, where a concierge calls to inquire if any reservation, appointment or special request may be arranged.
▪ Weddings and private functions can be arranged by The Little Nell’s events team for as intimate or grand or simple or lavish affair as you’d like.
▪ The Little Nell’s restaurants and bars include Element 47, Ajax Tavern and The Wine Bar, each described in detail below.
▪ Two Meeting Spaces: Grand Salon Ballroom and Board Room.
▪ Fully-equipped Business Center.
▪ The Health Center includes men’s and women’s locker rooms, each with steam and massage rooms and showers, and a fully equipped exercise room complete with Peloton bikes, treadmills, Stairmasters, a rowing machine, weight machines, and free weights.
▪ An outdoor heated pool and hot tub are surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens overlooking Aspen Mountain with a living wall in summer.
▪ Massage therapists and physical therapists are available by appointment.
▪ Pets are welcome: Gourmet dog meals are available on the pet menu to and cozy beds are available to coddle small, medium and large dogs.
▪ Luggage unpacking services.
▪ Steaming and cleaning of clothes.
▪ Custom shopping and gift purchasing.
▪ 24-Hour Room Service.
▪ Complimentary Mini-Bar Snacks & Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Refreshed Once Daily.
▪ In-room Lavazza Blue espresso maker & Fellow Corvo EKG electric tea kettle with Rishi tea.
▪ Babysitting available for a fee.
▪ Complimentary transfers to/from Aspen Airport and the hotel.
▪ Complimentary shuttle service (in-town) and skier shuttle to Buttermilk and Snowmass in the winter.
▪ Eagle/Vail airport shuttle available for a fee.
▪ Valet parking and garage.
▪ Audi Test Drive Program.
▪ Meals to private air flights can be provided through Element 47
Restaurants and Bars
A comprehensive list of restaurants and bars can be found on the blog post titled “Weddings at The Little Nell”.
Annual Events in Aspen
▪ Aspen Valley Ski Club’s Ajax Cup – December
▪ The X Games – January
▪ The Food & Wine Classic – June
▪ Aspen Music Festival & School – June – August
▪ Aspen Ideas Festival – June – August
▪ Jazz Aspen Snowmass Experience – Labor Day
▪ Aspen Film Festival – September/October
Facebook: @thelittlenellaspen; @element47aspen; @ajaxtavernaspen; @RLNaspen; @thewinebaratthenell
Brand Hashtags: #NellStyle #TheLittleNell #Element47 #AjaxTavern #NellAdventures #NellEvents #NellDogs
Address & Contact Information
675 East Durant Avenue
Aspen, Colorado 81611
Tel: 970.920.4600 / Reservations: 888-THE-NELL (888.843.6355)