Receiving a beautiful flower arrangement from that special someone can hold so much meaning and love. Thankfully, there are many ways to keep the magic alive even when the flowers die. Whether you want to create wall art or make potpourri, these four creative DIY bouquet ideas by FTD are the perfect way to repurpose a special bouquet and cherish it forever.
For some inspiration check out a few of these unique ideas below:
1. Make Potpourri
This is a simple and fun way to preserve your flowers! All you need to do is take the bouquet of your choosing and dry your flowers for a few days. Once they’re all dried up, mix them with 3-5 drops of any great-smelling essential oil (we recommend lavender or rose oil!).
2. Make Bath Products
Floral bath salts are a great excuse to treat yourself to a spa day. They are also super easy to make and don’t require a lot of supplies.
Try this recipe below to create your very own bath salts:
- Combine 1 cup Epsom salt, 1 cup Dead Sea salt and ½ cup baking soda in a bowl or jar. Mix well.
- Add flower petals or buds to the salt mixture and combine.
- Add your favorite essential oils to the mixture and combine.
3. Make a Floral Surface Cleaner
Want to save a few bucks on a surface cleaner? Use your dead flowers! This handy trick will make your home smell and look great — check out the recipe below.
- Mix ½ cup water with ½ cup distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle. Shake well to mix.
- Add roughly 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil(s). Shake again to mix in oils.
- Add in 2-3 dried flowers or a few petals for decoration.
4. Floral Gift Wrap
If you’re looking to step up your wrapping game, consider adding dried flowers to it. Try taping them under some ribbon or add them inside the present —this creates a beautiful and elegant effect that will make anyone smile!