Luxury lab-grown diamond and jewelry designer Jean Dousset (the great-great-grandson of Cartier) recently gave insights to his topline trend forecast for 2023.
Prior to establishing his namesake brand in 2010, Jean Dousset spent two decades working with the most prominent names in jewelry making and design, including Chaumet, Boucheron, and Van Cleef & Arpels, granting him unrivaled expertise in high jewelry and bespoke fine jewelry.
Jean’s top trends for 2023 include:
- Modern 3-stone rings, primarily featuring half-moon cuts on the side
- Elongated radiant center stones will continue to gain more market share as an alternative to the oval
- With the growth of lab diamonds, bigger pave and larger center stones will reign supreme versus the late 2010s micro-pave look
- Gen Z is becoming the marketplace trendsetter, and they are moving away from minimalist jewelry to bigger, bolder statement pieces – more metal-heavy silhouettes with a refined voice
- Yellow gold will continue to lead, however, there will be more use of mixed metals in styling, throwing traditional rules out the window
- Multiuse jewelry will gain traction with the innovative Zillennial demo – transform a tennis necklace into a two-row bracelet or use an earring jacket to turn a simple stud into something noteworthy