In honor of the upcoming season BACH, the planning app and online marketplace for group travel experiences (used by 1 in 5 bachelorette parties this year) released its findings for the 2023 season. You can see the trends report along with some fun graphics, and highlights below:
- Personal expenses: Individuals spend an estimated $1200 each on a party
- Average party size: 9 (with 30% of parties being 12+).
- Total average cost: $10,800 ($3,000 higher than the average bachelorette spent three years ago!)
- Experiences matter most: Parties are spending $50-100 less on homes per person, and $100 more on experiences.
- Length of party: Longer! Now more parties start on Thursdays instead of the traditional Friday
- Multi-party planning: Over half of BACH groups (57% to be exact) are attending 2 or more bachelorette parties in 2023, and 60% are attending 2+ group trips.
- Top 5 Destinations: Nashville, TN, Scottsdale, AZ, Las Vegas, NV, Miami, FL, Austin, TX
- Most popular group experiences: Party buses and boats (including pontoons, yachts, and floating tiki bars), male revue shows, bride-to-be pampering services such as cabana boys and butlers, in-home massages, and private salon facial parties.
- New trends: Private permanent jewelry parties, boozy beach picnics, and professional photographer-led mural tours that provide lasting memories of your trip in the form of high quality snaps of your group of friends.
- Fastest growing experience category: Drag queens. Bottomless brunches, dinners, party buses, and even custom telegrams hosted by drag queens are quickly popping up throughout our marketplace.
- Getting there: 81% of BACH app users travel by air. Southwest has proven to be the most popular airline, with 37% of parties booking their flights
When to book: Half of BACH’s groups book their accommodations right around 6 months before their party, with another 40% securing their party pads 3-5 months ahead. As for all the fun things to do once you get there, 50% of groups are booking their experiences 3-4 months before the party and 5% of parties are already planning for parties in 2024!